Finding an Artist :: PFP Artist Referral Questionnaire
Thank you for your inquiry about contacting or hiring a traditional artist or cultural specialist. PFP doesn't contract for programs, or serve as a booking service. We do try to help pass on requests, when we are able to do so. In order to assist you, we need to know as much as possible about your specific needs. The more that you can tell us about the following questions, the better. You can email us your answers (email@example.com), or send us a fax (215.726.6250). Our process: After reviewing your responses, we will call or email if we have questions. We will pass your information on to artists who may be appropriate. They will contact you directly if they are interested. Please note that we work to help artists earn a living and fair wage, so we do not pass on requests for free or donated labor.
- Your name:
- Date requested (When do you need someone?):
- Type of event you are planning (Concert, workshop, etc? Please give as much detail as possible):
- Type of audience expected (age, number):
- Announced time of event, type and length of performance required (If you have specifics in mind in terms of size or style of art form/ensemble/performance, please let us know):
- What is the goal of your event? (Why are you doing this?)
- Are you requesting artists or cultural experts from a particular tradition? If so, please describe what you are looking for, and why.
- Have you worked with people from this tradition previously? (Please give examples of your background in this culture, or in other multicultural traditions. Is someone knowledgeable responsible for developing interpretive material, and for assisting the artist/s?)
- Budget (What are you planning to offer artists?):
- Please describe the physical setting in which artists will perform. (Is there a stage? Dressing room/green room? Bathrooms? What kind of sound reinforcement/equipment do you have?)
- Do you have staff to help artists with load-in, set-up, break-down and load out?
- Have you worked with any PFP-referred folk and traditional artists before? If so, who?
- Is there anything else we should know?
Thank you for your interest in the regions folk and traditional artists.